Chicago style research paper presupposes formatting a research paper according to Chicago style. What is Chicago style? It is a specialized and generally accepted usage of the American English. If you have no idea what it is, hope this article will help you.
Chicago style research paper:
- Consult your supervisor as for his/her requirements for the Chicago style research paper writing;
- The margins of your Chicago style research paper should be 1 inch from all sides;
- The text of your Chicago style research paper, except quotations, should be double-spaced;
- The title page of your Chicago style research paper should include the title of your work, your name, the name of your supervisor and your place of study;
- The pagination of the Chicago style research paper, starting from the second page, should be placed in the upper right corner;
- The list of references should be structured alphabetically.
As far as the format of the quotations is concerned, there are two ways of doing it in your Chicago style research paper (according to the Chicago style). You may put the quotations in the inverted commas and then in brackets put the title of the book and the name of the author, or you may use the footnotes.
When making the notes, do not forget to put down the sources. Then it will be easy to make the faithful citations.
Apart from this, the usual requirements for writing a research paper can be quite suitable when writing a Chicago style research paper.
For example, your Chicago style research papers are to be divided into chapters, which should be logically consecutive, the language used should be academic and stylistically diverse. Besides, do not forget about the conclusions, they should be the answers to the main points of your research.
Wish you good luck!