“Why should I create this theses outline? Why cannot I start writing my thesis at once?” Do similar questions come to your mind every time you force yourself to make your thesis outline? Do you put it aside since you do not know how to make it? Then, first, let us explain why you actually need a thesis outline.
- A thesis outline helps organize your ideas;
- A thesis outline presents the information found logically;
- A thesis outline helps see the interrelation between ideas in your writing;
- A thesis outline helps build up a consecutive overview of your writing.
Are you convinced now that writing a thesis outline is a real need and not a simple waste of time or just a whim of your supervisor? Then, let us pass to presenting reliable strategies of making an effective thesis outline.
There is certainly something you should start with when producing the thesis outline. So, take the following steps:
- Determine the purpose of your project;
- Determine the target audience;
- Develop a thesis statement.
The Next Steps to Take
After you determine the main purposes, target audience, and develop your thesis statement, you are ready to start producing the thesis outline itself. So:
- Form groups
- Arrange the ideas logically
What ideas do you want to include into your paper? List them.
Now that you have a list of ideas, group them.
Decide what ideas should be first to mention in your paper, what should come second, third, etc. Arrange them in subsections from general to specific.
Give titles to the sections and subsections created.
Now that you know how to make a thesis outline, there is no need to put it off anymore. Start writing it right now!
You can also read info on how to design a thesis on our blog.