For some students, writing term papers using APA format may sound rather intimidating. The abbreviation “APA” is associated with thousands of rules that seem to be impossible to memorize. However, things are not as bad as you may think. There are several the most important rules that will be enough for you to write term papers using APA format. They are presented below:
- Type term papers in APA format on white paper;
- Use 10-12 point Times New Roman, Courier New, Arial, Tahoma, or Palatino font;
- Double space the text of term papers in APA format. Also, double space after and before the centered headings;
- Number each figure included into the text of your term paper in APA format consecutively. If you take a table or figure directly from a source, cite this source below the figure.
- Place the references on a separate page of your document. Alphabetize the reference list by the names of authors. If some sources are anonymous, alphabetize them by titles.
- Write down the page header in the upper right-hand corner of every page;
- Leave 1-inch margins from all sides while writing term papers using APA format;
- Use Arabic numerals when writing term papers in APA format. Place page numbers in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
- Mark quotations or the most important ideas if you want to attract the reader’s attention.
Writing term papers using APA format will not be a problem for you anymore. Now, you do not have to read complicated manuals for writing term papers in APA format. You have a good assistant and can use it any time you want.
On our blog, useful information about APA term paper topics and APA style research papers is also presented.