Have you ever faced an assignment that implies argumentative essay writing? And research paper writing? Then, you will cope with argumentative research paper writing quite easily. Consider the hints on successful argumentative research paper writing offered below.
An argumentative research paper is really quite similar with both an argumentative essay and a research paper:
- On the one hand, the purpose of an argumentative research paper is to present your opinion on a certain question to a reader
- On the other hand, in order to make your opinion grounded and to persuade a reader, you need to do a research and present its results in your argumentative research paper
What differs an argumentative research paper from a usual research paper is that you do not need to do original research. It is enough to:
- Work with works of other researchers who investigated a question that you discuss in your paper
- Formulate your opinion on a given question based on the material that you have worked with
- Represent your opinion in your argumentative research paper and to support it with the references to the studied material
As for argumentative research paper topics, they are quite similar to those provided in argumentative essay assignments. They always contain a certain bit of controversy and imply two or more possible answers that are opposite to each other.
For example, an argumentative research paper topic can be formulated as follows:
- Argumentative research paper: topic 1. Should gay marriage be legal?
- Argumentative research paper: topic 2. Does television affect teens’ performance at school?
- Argumentative research paper: topic 3. Does the problem of reverse discrimination exist in the USA?