Application essay is one of the most significant pieces of writing for your academic and professional career. The way you write your application essay determines whether you get the desired education or not. Writing an application essay may therefore give you chills. But there is no need to worry: with our guidelines you will easily manage your application essay.
Application Essay: Why Is It Required?
Academic institutions want to draw certain information from the applicants’ essays:
- Your educational preferences and achievements;
- Your personality that benefits or hinders certain types of studying activities;
- Your writing skills that are essential to successful completion of academic courses.
Application Essay: What Should It Include
Standardly, the task of your application essay may presuppose covering the following topics:
- Your ambitions in the spheres of study, work, and personal life;
- Your skills and lack of those in certain professional areas;
- Events that have been significant for your personal and professional development;
- Characteristics you can get from people who know you well, etc.
Application Essay: How to Manage It?
When writing your application essay, keep the following advice in mind:
- There is no need to produce a dull autobiography when you have to tell something about yourself; rather, indicate the key events of your life that have contributed to your personal and professional development;
- Mind the type of educational establishment you are applying to; specify the possible points of interest for exactly that branch of education and highlight the qualities that would present you as a perfect applicant to that organization;
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and learning abilities;
- Check your essay for any possible mistakes.