A word “cult” has several meanings. First of all, find out whether you are to write about cults as the ancient religious practice or as the modern social phenomena.
If your cult essay should be about ancient cults, you may just choose a historical period and a community and write about their cults. However, if your assignment requires writing about modern cults, you will have to embrace some other matters in your cult essay. We offer some ideas students can touch on in cult essays.
Cult essays: Psychology of cult.
Cult essays may answer the following questions:
- How do people submit to cults?
- Which psychological traps are used in cults?
- Are all people equally liable to influence of cult? etc
Cult essays: Cult and religion.
In your cult essay, analyze correlation between religion and cult: how do these notions coincide? differ? intersect?
Cult essays: Social and political aspects of cultism.
Cult essays may address the following questions:
- How governments used and use cultism to strengthen their power?
- What are the social premises of cultism spreading?
- What are the social effects of cultism spreading? etc
Cult essays: Recommendations.
Another good idea for cult essays is giving recommendations. Cultism is a serious problem which requires putting effort to being overcome. Cult essays can be devoted to giving the following recommendations:
- How to avoid being captured by cultism?
- How to help relatives who became victims of cultism?
- How a former cultism “captive” can rehabilitate?
Do not forget to make your topic as narrow as your assignment requires. We offered you some questions you may answer in a cult essay. If your assignment implies that your cult essay is quite short and that you should be specific, focus on one question and write about it only. There are lots of sources covering them all; just make sure you have found enough information for the cult essay topic you have chosen.